Linen Rentals – How Do I Know What Size of Tablecloth I Need? (Part 1) | Fighting With The Tablecloth
Linen Sizing Tips
Knowing what size tablecloth you need for which size table can be very confusing. To help make your task a little easier, check out these helpful tips we have learned from the professionals.
(1) Some of the top linen manufactures recommend the drop of the table linen from the top of the table to the end of the tablecloth be anywhere from 6″ to 12″. Linens that go all the way to the floor utilized on tables that guests are seated at may cause your guests to be fighting with the tablecloth for proper seating.
(2) The normal height of a table is 30″.
(3) You can figure the drop of the tablecloth for the table you will be using by:
1. Subtracting the width of the table from the width of the tablecloth.
Example: 5′ Table = 60″, Tablecloth is a 90″ Round (90″–60″ = 30″)
2. Divide the difference (30″) by 2 which will give you the drop on all sides. Example: 30″ / 2 = 15′ drop
(4) Did you know that a lot of the major hotels and reception locations use “SQUARE” table linens on round tables? You can still achieve the same drop dimension as if you were using a round tablecloth, however, when positioning the corners of the square tablecloth correctly you can also hide the legs of the table. Works wonderful! The 90″ square fits a 5′ round table beautiful, and the guests aren’t fighting with the tablecloth for leg room.
See the difference of how a 90″ round and a 90″ x 90″ fits a 60″ round table.
A Tab Bit More Expensive & Does Not Cover the Legs of the Table
90″ x 90″
Less Expensive & Covers Legs of Table
Check back tomorrow for our sizing chart!